You may have more questions than answers about parenting. Maybe the thought of becoming a parent seems impossible to you at this time.
We’ve talked to hundreds of clients who are concerned about things like this:
- My husband or boyfriend doesn’t want the baby but I do.
- (For men) My girlfriend doesn’t want the baby but I do.
- I can’t tell my family.
- How will I finish school?
- How will I continue working?
- Where will I live?
- I don’t have medical insurance.
- I can’t afford a child.
- I’m too young.
We can discuss all these issues with you and answer your questions so you can decide if parenting is right for you.
If you have decided that you are ready to parent, you should:
- See your OB/GYN right away
- Take prenatal vitamins
- Eat a healthy balanced diet and exercise appropriate to your level of comfort
- Small frequent meals
- Do not increase your level of exercise now that you are pregnant.
- Consult your OB/GYN for advice on healthy exercise levels during pregnancy.
- Do not try to lose weight during your pregnancy
- Get plenty of calcium
- Get plenty of iron
- Avoid alcohol and drugs
- Try to quit smoking
- Get plenty of rest
- Do not take any medications unless otherwise directed by your doctor